Thursday, October 3, 2013

Well, this is the most ridiculous thing I've seen as of late. I just noticed that my cousin's wife, a supposedly mature, grown woman in her 30's, made a facebook page for her dog. Her. Dog.

Okay, fine. People love their pets, myself included. And I'm sure she's not the first, nor the last, to do something so damn stupid. But wait, it gets better.

Not only does the dog have her own page, she responds to people's FB posts. Their normal, written-by-a-human posts. Oh, and she makes comments and posts to her 'Daddy', a.k.a. my cousin.

"Daddy, I'm gonna fart on you when you get home!" "Daddy, I want steak for dinner tonight!" "Daddy, can we go to the park this weekend?"

It makes me pray that someone crashes FB. Seriously. It makes me wish the dog gets hit by a car. Not-so-seriously. It's not her fault her owner's acting like a douche, so I can't really wish her harm. She's a dog, after all, and I actually love dogs. Not-on-fb-dogs.

WTF? I'm not above the occasional 'look what my crazy/cute cat/dog did!' post. But now I have to see the g.d. dog 'responding' all over FB? Can I send her a puppet or something to speak for her instead of her dog? Because as much as I hate puppets, it would probably be less annoying.

Dogs are dogs, folks. They're a part of many of our lives and we love them. But they're DOGS. They can't post on FB, and their lives are not lacking if you don't post 'for' them. In fact, your posts-made-by-your-pet are degrading the lives of the rest of us. Thanks.

I'm off to see if there's a way to block the damn dog's posts. I'm not 'friends' with her, but as her Mommy and Daddy and I are friends and share some mutual 'friends in common', the damn dog's posts still show up frequently.

At least she's an old dog. Maybe I should just look forward to seeing her obituary online in the next year or two. But then, I fear, a new, younger dog will just take her place. Because my cousin and his wife will not be dogless for long, I'm sure, and this stupidity will begin anew.

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment